Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The worst part of being single is not having somene to share in the good news...

You called me yesterday 
For the first time in a long while
It was really nice to hear your voice
And our conversation made me smile

It seemed just like old times
Exactly how it used to be
It took me back to a place in time
When things were good with you and me

I remembered your dry sense of humor
And your quiet, unassuming laugh
You always brought out the best in me
You were truly my better half

Today was a really good day
And I had no one to call who cared
But when you and I were together
Those were the kinds of moments we shared

You were always in my corner
Telling me I was pretty and I was smart
Wanting only the best for me
You always had my best interest at heart

Life has been filled with ups and downs
Since you’ve been gone these past few years
There have been some really good times
But there have also been some tears

The day is filled with happiness
But sadness comes at night’s end
Because there’s no one here to talk to
And ask, “Do you remember when?”

I’m in such a good space now
My life is filled with such light
But my heart still feels empty
I can’t get this love thing right

You would be so proud of me
I’m accomplishing the goals I’ve set
But one thing still remains incomplete
I haven’t found true love yet

I finally realized the value of the love
I took for granted when we were together
When I’m blessed enough to find love again
I will cherish it and hold on to it ...forever and ever

Wrtitten by Sonya A. Milner 1-11-11

No comments: