Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Men & Abstinence


I posted a question on Facebook today and it's getting lots of varied comments.  One man's answer bears repeating and deserves to be shared...

QUESTION:
Many women are concerned there aren't any men who truly believe in abstinence until marriage. I know there are some righteous men out there...so where are you?

ONE MAN’S ANSWER:
“I’ve been around the block several times, been married and divorced more than once. I had to realize there were things in my life that needed change. My attitude toward myself was one of those things. I had to come to the realization that what I have to give (sexually) is a gift that should be reserved for one woman. It's not something I should pass around to the masses. I had to take a close look at my direction and what God has ordained for my life.

God will forgive me [for fornicating], there is no question about that. But, why should I push the envelope? I would rather work hard to please Him, than to play hard and consistently ask for His forgiveness in the same area over and over again.

Gentlemen it's a choice. A choice for anyone who  decides to pursue excellence in Christ. I don't condemn anyone for choosing otherwise, it's just where I am. Not to say I am any better than anyone else. It's a choice I've made and I am very comfortable with it.”

No comments: